Resident Evil Corporate Battles REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not letting go

Go down

Not letting go Empty Not letting go

Post by Saoirse O'Neil Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:09 am

"...I'm not going to let go of him, not again." Saoirse O'Neil explained as she was grabbing equipment and munitions from the sizeable armory the safehouse had to offer.

"This isn't going to be like Sheena Island, this is the home of Umbrella's hit squads. This is a hornets nest that's been set ablaze, Saoirse."

"Don't give me that shit," Sersh spat, pausing as she was tossing Beretta 92 magazines into the duffle bag and leaned over it. Orange bangs drifted over her eyes as she gripped the edge of the end table. "you're going into that mess too. Only difference is you're an ex-cop. But we both survived Raccoon and Sheena Island; only difference will be this time I'm packing extra heat." She says pulling Jack's Scoped AR-15 from the rack. She turned to face the former S.W.A.T. Lieutenant with her watery, light green eyes. "Jack's alive. We missed him by a few weeks on Sheena Island I will not miss this chance."

Lieutenant Handy leaned against the doorframe, arms folded. He looked like a pirate with that eyepatch over his right eye yet; a nasty reminder along with the raking red lines across his face received from September's ordeal in Raccoon. Damian's dark blue eye gleaned her over as he lit a cigarette and sighed.

"You're not trained for this kind of thing." the man tried, but Saoirse was gonna have none of that.

"The fuck does that matter? You're not trained to kill monsters either!"

Saoirse O'Neil was not going to back away, not after surviving another one of Umbrella's fuck ups! The only plus side of this fucked up event, (aside from still being alive) was that she found out John 'Jack' Cavanaugh, the young man who crushed on her since High School and got her through Raccoon City was still alive! Captured by Umbrella by Goldman's USS unit when they pulled out of Raccoon City. The bastard tortured him, almost executed him when he helped organize an escape with those poor kids. He was instead sent to Rockfort Island, Umbrella's Military Training facility located somewhere off the tip of South America to be interrogated... about her. They wanted to know more about Saoirse O'Neil, the perfect Genesis Cell catalyst.

"I've killed people before." Damian argued. His voice made Saoirse blink, to stop thinking of how badly they must have treated poor Jack, and made her tone become gruffer and angrier as she continued to argue with the former R.P.D. officer. "So have I." Saoirse retorted, getting into his face glaring daggers into his eyes. "I did what I had to... to survive Raccoon City. I'm not useless Damian, I can handle myself. Besides, if they sick the B.O.W.s on us, I'm immune, remember?" She added.

"All the more reason to stay, you're immune to the viruses but not immune to bullets, Sersh! One stray round to a vital and you'll die out there! The people who died to make sure you lived would have died in vain!" Damian argued. "This isn't a game! I may not be coming back from this one either, and chances are I won't be."

Saoirse was still in his face, her watery green eyes burning holes into the cyclopean. "It's okay for you but not for me, huh? Bullshit! I know the risks, and I know that someone I love who sacrificed himself so I can live is still alive out there and he's trapped! He's trapped on that island along with Ben! He's trapped there, because of me! I would gladly sacrifice everything to get Jack out of there. Wouldn't you too, for someone you love?" She answered, pushing Damian aside as she exits the room with the duffle bag and Jack's scoped AR-15 in her other hand. "Fuckin' asshole, get outta my way! I've gotta prepare!" She cussed as was heading down the hall back to her quarters.

Saoirse reflected on what Damian said about the sacrifices made for her. Her family, many of her friends. Edward. Skye. A.D.A.. Then there was Jack...

She wiped her eyes with her sleeve. They had died so she may live. She was tired of people dying on her. No, she wasn't going to abandon Jack now, especially after finding out where he was! Finding those reports on him on Sheena, his caches of ammunition and supplies was very surreal and motivated her. She recalls how frantic she was trying to find him in that burning suburb, before realizing he was no longer on the island in that final report on the matter. Her recklessness was Damian's reasoning for his hesitation. But fuck Damian, fuck Umbrella... fuck everything!

Saoirse felt the hot tears rolling down her freckled cheeks as she was rummaging the cheap wooden closet. Hangers on the rusty bar set between the laminated planks of wood clinked as Sersh pushed them aside to pick out what she'd wear when there was a knock at the door. Then another. Damian.

"Fuck off." She spat, sniffling, continuing to forage through the closet.

"Saoirse." Damian called out from the other side, voice muffled but softer. However, Saoirse would have none of it.

"I said, fuck off Lieutenant!" She spat back, still calling him that after the past three months. Just like she had called Ben 'Sarge' out of habit. Ben Winters was Damian's partner at the RPD, so she knew he was motivated to get back his friend too. And like her, Damian too lost friends. Edward was among them. Then there was Cat, or Kiyoko... or whoever she really was. She died in his arms, and if Ben was to believed, the pair really hit it off in the locker room before things got deadly at the precinct in Raccoon. Even so, she wasn't going to simply sit around in this England safehouse while he galavanted around the tip of South America!

"Saoirse, I'm coming in." Damian said as he barged in, tossing a large duffle bag onto her bed, making the springs creak and the bag bounce. "Dude, I could be fuckin' changi-!" Sersh began, as she swiveled her head to face him. Her light green orbs falling to the bag before darting back to him.

"What is this?"

"A present from Cho." He explained. Cho was a member of V-SAC, the secretive paramilitary group that rescued them from Sheena Island and were also involved in the Raccoon City Outbreak to some degree. She didn't know what to think of them, Cho seemed nice, even back in Raccoon, but she didn't know if the group could be fully trusted yet. "If you're so hellbent on tagging along this 10 or 15 so day journey I can't stop you." Damian continued.

Saoirse stopped what she was doing and slowly approached the bag on the bed. Unzipping it, she saw a bunch of tactical gear, a new pair of boots, pouches and side packs. She lifted what looked like a diving suit and raised a brow as she noticed the demon skull graphic printed on the lower left thigh... and the fact the zipper went really down to the crotch!

"I am not taking any chances this time. We're going in armed to the teeth. We're going to find Ben and we're going to find John." The one eyed RPD SWAT Lieutenant said. Saoirse looked him over, lowering the garment back into the bag.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" She asked, folding her arms under her ample bosom.

He looked away, the leather patch covering his right eye and his hanging bangs obscuring his face as he looked at the wall to avoid her gaze. "...because I'd do the same if I were in your shoes. I'd rather you be prepared to go than unprepared and going behind my back. We're a team, a silver dagger in Umbrella's side after all." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"But if we're gonna do this, I'm going to need your full cooperation and I need to know you won't accidentally shoot me out there." Damian explained, now turning to face her with fiery determination in his eye. "This is not going to be a pleasure cruise, every day from sun up to sun down we're going to train. I'm going to kick the shit out of you till you can dish it back, just so you are aware. If you don't perform to my expectations, I will see to it that you are grounded for this mission. I'll have you locked tight in the brig."  

Saoirse smirked. "Tsk, you don't scare me Cap'n Handy. The eyepatch really does throw everything off."  

"I'm not playing around. This is serious."

"So am I. Dead. Serious." Saoirse replied, lifting up her ammo bag that had been set on the bed before the new bag's arrival and thrusted it into Handy's chest. "If I have to kick your ass to get your approval, it shouldn't take too long." Sersh cooed, a playfully dark expression on her face.

Damian in turn grunts, holding her bag to his chest but smirked. "Just like your father. All fire and brimstone... and a big mouth." He tossed the bag back to her, nearly knocking her off her feet!

"H-hey!" Sersh cried back in protest! Damian however was already down the hall, hands in the pockets of his fatigues as he kept his back to her.

"We leave for the ship in thirty minutes, grab what you need and meet me out by the car. I gotta contact Rafe and the others, let'em know we're headed for Cape Horn." Damian finished, waving his hand lazily as he got further away.

Saoirse grumpily sighs and tosses the bag onto the bed, arms folded. "Asshole." She mumbled under her breath.

After two weeks of sweat, blood and tears; of being tossed around, groped, humiliated and disarmed on a queasy ride on the open ocean, Saoirse and Damian were closer to their goal. During that time Saoirse was taught how to properly handle a radio and speak into it, pick locks with actual lockpicks and how to handle military firearms. Thanks to Jack, the firearms handling was more of a refresher with some extra steps. She also learned how to rappel and climb a rope by using the side of the cargo ship. That was scary... not as scary as the parachute training though. The high winds of the open sea were not to be taken for granted as she remembered nearly pissing her pants as they opened the chute at the stern of the ship and let her get carried away! If not for that cord affixed to her waist, she was fairly sure she'd be sleeping with the fish about now!

She didn't know who these V-SAC guys really were, but their resources were scary as they were the ones supplying them with munitions for training, the parachutes and everything else. They used odd codenames as well, like animal names or weapon names. The Commander of the ship seemed to be this Scottish guy fittingly called 'CLAYMORE' and Cho was called SALAMANDER now and then. Save Cho, who was quite talkative, they were all very quiet and kept to themselves. The oddest of the bunch was the one they called DRAKE, who kept to themselves and talked with a voice changer. Super sketchy, and Sersh only saw them once as they left their quarters entirely geared up for a mission like the Umbrella Security Service guys she'd seen in Raccoon City and Sheena Island. She wasn't even sure what gender DRAKE was.

Saoirse was returning to her cabin, rubbing her sore chest as she shivered. "Freezing my tits off, spewing my guts over board, getting tossed around like a bean bag with little sleep on this rocking piece of shit is for the fuckin' birds man!" Saoirse complained, wishing she brought a guitar for the off hours as she slipped into her bed instead. Rockfort wasn't too far from the Antarctic, it had overgrowth and a rainy climate but because of such it also got cold. Fuckin' cold. However, thoughts of Yoko Sasaki who had left with Khristian's group to act as intel and Jack kept her warm. As did curling up in the thinnest blanket imaginable issued to the crew of this mysterious cargo vessel. "I hope Jack is faring better..." Saoirse cooed, her heart aching when she thought of him somewhere in the cold or mud. She was hoping that was the least of his worries, for all she knew he could be dead by now. Given he spent the entirety of October just about on Sheena without telling his captors anything about her, Saoirse realistically believed he was facing far worse and grueling torture on Rockfort. Those dark thoughts made her grip her sheets tightly, her aching heart throb and her tired eyes well up with tears. These thoughts also made her grit her teeth and shake with righteous anger.

Suddenly, there was movement outside her cabin. Lots of it. So much she couldn't possibly get to sleep even if she tried, so instead of fighting it she sighed and removed herself from her rocking cabin and followed the fire. "What's going on?" She asked a passing crewman, who did nothing but grunt as he brushed past her! "Hey! Fuck you too buddy!" She spat, before following after a pair of sailors running quickly to the deck. Heavy rain beat down on the deck and the stairs leading to it, above which a dark sky that resembled black smoke filled the heavens. The sound of explosions in the distance and flash of light upon the clouds gave Sersh concern as she held the railing tightly as she was rocked against the wall!

Oh shit, another storm?! Saoirse thought as she forced herself up to the deck to see the ocean's rough waves crashing against the rocking cargo vessel. As she made her way onto the deck, a distant humming sound could be heard as well. The first thing she noticed was that much of the 'cargo' consisting of orange, blue and dark green trucking containers were missing, a mysterious extension to the ship's bow was in its place and the top of the vessel looked a lot larger than she remembered. The humming continued as she looked about the open boat now littered with several members of the crew. More booming explosions, and it was then Saoirse realized what was exploding was not thunder.

A line of black on the open ocean was illuminated by plumes of red and orange in the distance, miles ahead of the bow. Large planes high in the stormy sky were dropping bombs onto the line of black. "What the fuck is going on out there?!" gasped Saoirse to herself, when she nearly jumped out of her skin when Damian placed his hands on her shoulders! "JESUS CHRIST! Don't DO THAT!" Sersh spat, as she instinctively slammed her elbow into the thick, padded chest of his black vest. She saw the reflective 'RPD' lettering on it, then noticed Damian's uniform.

Not letting go Damian_Aim_M162
Not letting go Damian_Rockfort

He was wearing camouflage fatigues, a BDU top with the sleeves gathered above his elbows, black fingerless gloves, big black combat boots and various pouches on his belt and vest. He had an M16A2 slung around his back and his bowie knife was poking out from behind his waist. He went from looking like a pirate to a soldier of fortune with that black eyepatch. "Saoirse!" Damian began, his parted bangs clinging to his scalp. "There's little time, go and get prepared! We're leaving now!"

Saoirse was confused. As she was told, the operation wasn't going to begin for another day. "What's going on?!" Saoirse called back amidst the chaos of the storm and distant battle.

"I'll explain later! Get your gear, get your weapons and meet me in the plane!"

"What plane?!" She spat back, when he gripped her shoulder and turned her to the modified Cessna 208B Grand Caravan that was being hastily fueled and started in spite of the horrendous conditions! "Jaysus we're not leaving on that are we?!" She screamed when Damian forcibly turned her around again so they were face to face.

"Just get ready and meet me inside!!" He finished before racing to the plane. Confused, but trusting his judgment, Saoirse returned below deck and quickly made her way back to her cabin.

"C'mon... you can't expect me to believe this thing's in my size do you?" Saoirse complained as she was slipping on the snug, skin tight sneaking suit! She tried wearing her sports bra with it, but the clothing was too snug for it to fit! She even had to go commando to slip the thing over her hips! "Whoever made this, I swear to God I'm gonna kill'em!" She screamed, blushing as she had to fight her jiggling curvaceous body and the skin tight bodysuit. "C'mon... zip up... zip up dammit!" cursed Sersh as she struggled with the zipper, being extra careful as it wasn't too far from... sensitive areas. "Ughh..." She groaned, fighting against time and the elements along with her suit and body as she dropped her back to the bed and rocked on her butt with her shapely legs shot up. After some struggle she hears the zipper rolling up her body and she's able to get it past the mountains which were her ample bosoms.

"Jesus..." she panted, now finding it harder to breathe with the black and charcoal grey material hugging her body like a second layer of skin. However, it wasn't humid thankfully. Surprisingly breathable but clearly a size or two small for her. Stirrup like straps exposed her toes and heel, and there was a gap of skin showing between her wrists and the straps of the fingerless gloves she was now slipping on. She noted dark green geometric shapes and dotted orange lines across the suit but didn't have time to admire her bodacious looks in the cabin's mirror; if you got it, flaunt it was her motto after all but this situation didn't call for self admiration or imagining sexy things with Jack and Yoko.

She slipped on the somewhat complex olive drab harness around the slopes of her hips and around her crotch, attaching the drop leg pouch affixed to her right thigh and the smaller one on her left one. Belts connecting to the harness around her waist connected to a pair of belts which affixed around her chest under her 36 DDD bazongas. Small pouches were attached to the right side, and in the back was her holster for her Beretta M92F long slide custom with extended barrel, a sheath for her combat knife and a pouch for holding her radio.  

A pair of straps from this belt continued up her back and wrapped around her shoulders like suspenders with a strap across the top of her chest. Saoirse then grabbed a green elastic to set her long, orange hair into a ponytail as the ship rocked and with CLAYMORE screaming like a banshee over the ship's intercom for people to get to their stations! I'm wasting time, gotta hurry! The woman felt a knot in her stomach as she hurried along, slipping on only one of her knee pads when the boat shook and the other slipped from her grasp somewhere under the bed opposite of her! "Fuck it!" She spat, strapping on her dark green boots.

Not letting go Saoirse_Rockfort_sig

Saoirse could feel the zipper slide down, showing off her cleavage as she moved before forcing it back up! "Cheap zipper...!" she spat, and began packing her essentials into her bags and pouches.

Firstly, she packed five fifteen shot 9x19mm magazines for her custom Beretta 92F she's had since Raccoon, then the gun itself:

Not letting go DSC_4715

Next she packed away four 20 shot magazines of 5.56x45mm for Jack's Modified AR-15 which had a barrel and chamber modification to fire 5.56x45mm rounds as well as the printed .223 Remington on the side of the frame. Some 'Wylde or Wild' custom thing? Jack was the gun nut, not her. She also packed the scoped semi-automatic rifle as well:

Not letting go Jacks_AR15

With the weapon strapped around her shoulder, she packed away a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, the lockpick set and the small first aid box into her thigh pouch and one of her side packs, as well as a flashlight and some batteries into one of the smaller, black pouches. She felt the ship rocking once more and CLAYMORE screaming over the distant thunder and explosions and quickly made her way back up to the deck whilst adjusting her unzipping uniform once more...

Topside again, and the storm felt like it was becoming worse! In the distance, the island was still being bombarded by the unidentified planes but Saoirse had no time to observe the crimson glow as she was being ushered by the crew to the awaiting Cessna. She popped her body through the roller doors, and hunkered down as she made her way over to Damian who was conversing with the pilot. It was loud inside the vehicle, but dry as she stood behind the sopping wet pair and continued to fiddle with her broken zipper.

"Whats going on?!" She shouted to Damian, touching his shoulder when he didn't immediately respond. He glanced back to her and seemed to have a small epiphany before handing her a headset and a black choker like object, instructing her via gestures to wrap it around her neck. Doing so, she felt him fiddling with the pouch above her ass, her back facing him now, as he slid in the radio and attached the cord to her headset.

"There! Now I can hear you, and vise versa." Damian spoke through the coms. "My radio frequency is set to 140.38, I saved it to your contacts in case we get split up." He continued.

"Split up? Jesus Handy, what's going on?" She inquired, giving a slight over the shoulder glance.

He looked stern, and more serious with the dim light of the planes interior only illuminating parts of his scarred and handsome face. "Its Rockfort... its being attacked." He explained.

"Attacked? By who? Did someone double book this thing or...?" She began but was cut off by the pirate:

"No one's sure. V-SAC's comms guys said they overheard radio chatter and then the sky was lit up like a Christmas tree. Rockfort is definitely the target, and whoever's doing it has some serious firepower. CLAYMORE wanted us to sit this out, but I insisted otherwise. Needless to say, your stubbornness rubbed off a little, and I convinced him one man, a plane and some chutes."

"Chutes? We're seriously gonna drop into that warzone?!"

"Its either that or we can swim." He answered, smirking slightly. "So we're a few hours early, it means you can look for Jack and I can get my $20 from Ben that much quicker!"

She raised a brow at this, and saw his smile falter. Then it hit her. "Oh dear God... they're down there too..." She gasped, wide eyed. Jack, Ben... they were somewhere in that chaos as well! Prisoners, maybe, but with hellfire raining down on them the rest of the facility wouldn't think twice about shooting them! If not them, these unknown soldiers attacking the base or the stray bombs. Saoirse clapped her freckled cheeks, exhaling. Be optimistic Sersh, we're just dropping into a fiery warzone surrounded by people who want to shoot us on all sides! Stay positive, find Jack! Grab that boy and get the fuck off the crazy island! She told herself.

"Tower this is CAMEL, flight check is as complete as I can get, over." The pilot said over the comms, and urged Damian and Saoirse to their seats. Saoirse was about to sit when Damian handed her the parachute and she quickly slipped it on. She noticed him do the same before taking his seat. She buckled in and felt anxious, wishing she could light a cig, but with cabin pressure and all...

"Wait, do we even have room to take off the deck?!" Saoirse cried to Damian, big green eyes glaring to the cyclopian soldier who held an unlit cigarette between his lips and crossed his arms. He half smirked to her and his remark about 'swimming' made her throat tight and stomach knot in on itself. He then pointed to his chest, looking away from her when she looked down and realized her zipper came down past her chest again and showed off her cleavage! "Damn this zipper!" She spat, zipping it back up to her neck again!

"This is Tower to CAMEL. You are cleared for take off, Godspeed." Returned the communications tower. The pilot did something to the engine, making it louder inside the cockpit as the vehicle began to shake. "Roger that. You both may wanna hold on to something!" CAMEL told the pair as crewmen on the runway removed the ramps blocking the landing gear, making the plane lurch forwards! Saoirse held onto the edge of her seat, heart racing as the plane gained speed! The engine roared as Saoirse looked out of the window, watching crewman ship and ocean fly past at great speed! "Shhiiiiit!" Sersh screamed, her eyes contracting as the ocean got uncomfortably close to the plane!

The vehicle itself buckled as it left the relative safety of the deck, the pilot compensating for waves and rocking nature of the ship as the Cessna gained altitude. The landing gear receded into the body of the airplane and soon Saoirse's stomach settled as did her heart which felt like it was in her throat! "I am never do something like that again!" Screamed Saoirse, clutching her heaving chest.

"Try not to puke, it'll get everywhere inside your suit." Damian teased as Saoirse furrows her brows at her exposed cleavage again. "Wanna lose your other eye, Handy?" She threatened, her lidded, gleaming green eyes glaring up at him. He simply chuckled and looked away.

"Just tryin' to help is all." He said with a smirk.

"Riiight..." Sersh replied, as she zipped the troublesome zipper past her breasts up to her neck again. "Goddamn pervert." The woman sighed as she checked her equipment and adjusted Jack's AR-15 so it was clipped to her hip. She removed the scope from the rail as well, setting it inside its tube case before clipping it to her thigh so it wouldn't fly off when they parachuted. She frowned, thinking of the planes flying over Rockfort and the fires they could see through the windows. "Do you think they're going to be okay down there?" She asked Damian.

Damian kept looking out the cockpit window, the unlit cigarette limply hanging from the corner of his mouth. He looked serious again, his smile (or lack thereof) was a firm line, his good eye gleaming as it reflected the lights of the cockpit's instruments. "Jack's resourceful, he worked for John and Robert Kendo after all. He's also survived this far, I don't think he'll die that easy." He began, before chortling. "Ben's stubborn and still owes me a twenty, so for his own sake he best not be dead down there, or I'll kill him." Damian smirked and pushed back his bangs.

"Wow, must be strapped for cash if that's your only motivation." Saoirse said with a bored tone, still glaring at the former police Lieutenant.

"Pretty much." Damian said matter of factly, keeping his cards close.

"Eh..." Sighed the redhead who then realized they were missing two other teammates. "So, where's DRAKE and Ch- SALAMANDER?"  

"CLAYMORE said that they'll arrive when conditions improve. In the meantime, we're on our own. So we'll want to stick close." Damian answered.

"Ah..." Sersh replied with a slight nod. She clasped her fingers together and leaned over her knees. Her frantic mind went back to Jack, to finding him. Please be alive... Saoirse prayed.

"Time to go radio silent fellas." CAMEL states as he plane continued to rise. Saoirse looked out the cockpit window with Damian at that point, as the plane began to shake heavily with turbulence.

The storm began to subside the closer they got to Rockfort but in doing so the sound of the third party's assault on Rockfort got louder and could be felt in her chest. Air raid sirens were blaring and alarms down in the facilities below them. Saoirse pressed her face against the window watching as numerous military barracks passed by in various states of disarray and destruction. Flames jetting from hangers and truck depots, soldiers as well as mercenaries of Umbrella in states of panic and trying to quench the flames while also defend the island.

"Holy shit..." Saoirse mumbled under her breath, radio off. The plane shook furiously as the turbulence returned, and CAMEL began to groan with the controls:

"Course lets fly into hell in a fuckin' FedEx plane...!"

Damian was silent all the while, gripping the seat in front of him as the plane shook violently with the additional sound of metal plinking. Saoirse looked back out side, noting bright orange flashes of light flying up at them, realizing instantly that the soldiers on the ground were shooting at them! "OH SHIT!" Saoirse screamed.

"Don't panic! I've got this, they can't do shi-" CAMEL started, before Saoirse went temporarily deaf. She winced, the painful ringing in her ears as the cockpit tore open and blood splattered her face. She was sitting behind the pilot, so she saw his helmet split open as a bullet tore out the top of his head and into the ceiling of the plane! CAMEL's body slumped into the seat as the plane began to rapidly drop and the sound of rain, thunder, explosions, gunfire- everything outside the plane was no longer filtered nor muffled!

Alarms pinged and blurted insistently over all this noise; the chaotic intermix of sounds slowly gaining in volume as Saoirse's hearing returned! "Oh fuuuuck! We're fucked dude!! Fucking dead!!" Saoirse shrieked. She could see the clouds peeling away as the plane dipped and the rest of the facility was visible before them!

Suddenly, Damian was leaning over CAMEL's body, the cotton eyed joe pulled back on the yoke and quickly leveled out the plane! "Lieutenant to Tower, CAMEL's KIA, assuming control of the plane, over!" Damian shouts as he looked over to Saoirse and nodded her over to the cockpit. Happy to see that the Lieutenant could fly more than helicopters, the redhead quickly made her way over to him. "What?!" She shouted to him.

"Hold this steady!" Damian shouted back, and as she took hold of the yoke Damian cut CAMEL's body loose and pulled him from the seat before assuming the seat for himself. He gripped the controls and nodded to her.

"RTB Lieutenant, the aircraft isn't suited against AA guns. Pull out now!" CLAYMORE's voice commanded from over the radio. Saoirse felt dread in her heart. Turn back, now? After all this? CAMEL's dead! Even if we could potentially get out of here without becoming Swiss cheese, we could potentially lead those other guys back to the ship! Saoirse wanted to scream, but couldn't. She gripped the co-pilot seat tightly as Damian managed to get the plane level.

"With all due respect CLAYMORE, you're not my commanding officer. We are in too deep to RTB. You can bill me for the repairs later, over and out!" Damian answered before switching off the radio. "That bastard's gonna skin me when we get back." Damian mumbled before looking up at Saoirse. "Chanel 140.38," he tapped his headset. "Get prepared to jump, I'm gonna swing us back around!"

The plane yawed sharply to the right as more gunfire from below peppered the plane's canopy. Saoirse shuttered but nodded. "Got it!" she began to make her way to the back of the plane, using the seats and the overhead hooks for support as the plane bucked and rocked from turbulance and gunfire. Oh God, I can't believe I'm doing this... Dammit, you best be down there Jack! Saoirse shivered. She was twenty one, orphaned, and stuck in this fucking weird ass universe where companies can create zombies and bio-weapons and cover up an entire outbreak, twice! She wasn't a super soldier, she was just immune to the bites and could guzzle a beaker filled with the T-Virus, or whatever other man-made viruses out there. Like Damian said to her weeks ago, she wasn't immune to bullets! Maybe this wasn't such a great idea... no, no you got this Sersh. Jack's waiting for you down there. Let's bring him home.

Saoirse closed her eyes and breathed in and out. She almost forgot the plane was being shot at when the roller doors began to slide open. Reopening her green eyes, she saw the prison facility spread out below her, one of them anyway. The facility on Rockfort was immense, so they studied images taken by V-SAC to better aid their search. Given the chaos, she couldn't tell which of the prison facilities was below her, it didn't look like Bloc "A" which had a bridge leading up to some sort of manor residence or office and what looked like some sort of sub in a suspended pool. It looked more like Bloc 'C' or 'D'... maybe 'B'? Doesn't matter... we'll search em all if we have to...! Saoirse told herself.

"Saoirse!" Damian's voice over the headset made her glance back to him. His bangs flapped against his wet face as the rain struck him like a thousand needles. "You've got this!" He added with a smile.

"Oh shit!" Saoirse blinked, looking out the door and then back to Damian. "How the fuck are you gonna leave?!"

Damian returned his attention to the gaping opening in the cockpit, and seemed to ignore her question.

"WELL?!" She reiterated.

"No sweat this thing's got autopilot I'll just set it to cruise and I'll be out after ya!" He shouted back, the plane shaking as it took fire again! "Stop stalling O'Neil and just jump!!"

Saoirse felt a knot in her throat, and looked back out the opening. She could feel the wind and rain brushing against her body as she looked down and could see the power flickering throughout parts of the compound, the prison she was going to jump into was currently dark. Perfect place to land! The redhead gave Damian a final glance. She could only see the back of his head and part of the 'RPD SWAT' logo on the back of his bullet resistant vest. "I'll see you in prison, cyclops!" She replied as cheerily as she could before jumping.

The plane roared overhead as Saoirse screamed, her body free falling at God knows what height. All she knew was that she had to reorient her body and that her zipper was now pulled down past her navel! Ignoring that wardrobe malfunction for now, Saoirse felt chilled to the bone but had to keep her vigilance as she descended into the enemy's nest below. The sound of sirens faded, as did the explosions, but the report of gunfire was still audible. She pulled the cord of her chute not too long after as she was making a rapid descent into the darkness, hoping the chute wouldn't fail. It either works or I'm dead! Were Saoirse's thoughts as she felt her body jerk back, the parachute opening wide.

The wind quickly began to lessen its severity and Sersh gasped as her legs dangled over the nothingness. "OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod..." Saoirse panted, lips shivering as her eyes scanned the horizon for the plane and Damian. It took a moment, but she finally spotted the plane as it was rapidly descending towards the big castle looking mansion in the distance. With a distant explosive roar, the plane rammed through the roofing tiles and masonry, causing the collapse of palisades and a tower. Saoirse gasped, her eyes wide as she watched the plane become a fireball and crashed somewhere behind the castle. "DAMIAN!" Shouted Saoirse, who wiggled in place forgetting that the chute wasn't a paraglider.

The horizon glowed where the plane crashed, though she could not see any sign of her partner. Her heart sank into her stomach, her limbs tensing up as she continued to descend. She was probably 100 or so feet to the ground now, her body descending into some sort of recreational yard when she noticed the silhouette of a parachute descending far past the castle! Saoirse breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness..."

Saoirse's attention returned to her controlled descent and landing as she listened to the rain pick back up and pound away at rusted metal and at the mud. "Ugh, I hate the landing!" the redhead groaned, feeling the canopy shift and her body hitting the soft and muddy earth!

"Ooof!"

The parachute folded over Saoirse, who stumbled a few steps as she touched down before falling to her knees. Mud splashed up and across her body, running down her curves exposed thanks to her suit's broken zipper. "Fuck me..." She groaned, as she quickly packed and pulled at the chute. She pulled her head out like a child who had hid under the covers from a waking nightmare, only to see the faint shape of a wall and some sort of shed. Quickly gathering the material, she dragged her chute over to the shape of the building which turned out to be some sort of maintenance shed. As she had been instructed by members of the crew, she removed her chute's pack and pulled the fuse under a flap which was against her back the entire time. Within seconds, the parachute became engulfed in fire that quickly consumed the material, pack and all! She was pretty amazed by the demonstration on the ship, and would have been here as well if not for the glimpse of something human shaped in the flickering light!

She remained quiet, and held her breath as she took half a step back and reached for her handgun. The sleek, long slide 92F slid out of her holster easily and she slowly brought it up with both hands. She controlled her breathing, and just as her eyes were adjusting to the darkness a bolt of lightning illuminated the area. Saoirse's shoulders relaxed as she lowered her gun. Water running off roofing tiles into puddles in the mud and the sound of distant gunfire were the only other thing Saoirse heard besides her ragged breath and her heart beating in her ears. The figure was a statue, the kind you saw in a cemetery. Given she was going to be a mortician or ME if her music career fell through, Saoirse had no fear of graveyards. "Okay, I'm off my mark a little... no big, just gotta find my way around this island... crawling with badguys..." She tried to sound optimistic about it, but sighed about her predicament regardless. In either case, she was here now. "Wait a little longer, Jack. I'm coming for ya... This time, I'm not letting go."
Saoirse O'Neil
Saoirse O'Neil
Level 6 'VIP All Access (Master Key)'
Level 6 'VIP All Access (Master Key)'

Character Profile
Character Type: Survivor
Condition: 'Freezing' 'Freezing'
Current Condition HP (5/5) :
Not letting go Left_bar_bleue5/5Not letting go Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
Environment O2/Grip Strength (Depletes every turn):
Not letting go Left_bar_bleue16/20Not letting go Empty_bar_bleue  (16/20)
Inventory Inventory:
InventoryType & Total Number or %Type & Total Number or %
Ammunition (Bullets, Shells, etc)Ammunition (Bullets, Shells, etc)68x shot shells, 130x 9x19mm
Special Ammunition (Flare, Rockets, Grenades)Special Ammunition (Flare, Rockets, Grenades)4x Flare Gun Cartridges
Healing Items (Herbs, Medicine, F.A. Spray)Healing Items (Herbs, Medicine, F.A. Spray)3x Cigs, 1x bottles of water, 3x (100%, 50%, 50%) First Aid Spray Cans
Important Items (Lockpicks, Keys, Key Items, etc)Important Items (Lockpicks, Keys, Key Items, etc)Tactical Police Knife, Zippo lighter, apartment keys, work keys, 'Genesis Cell: O Negative' blood sample w/pocket freezer, 'Lucky' Bullet (9mm)
Victims (B.O.W.)Victims (B.O.W.)

Current Ranged Magazine Counter (Self Edit) Current Ranged Magazine Counter (Self Edit):
Not letting go Left_bar_bleue12/15Not letting go Empty_bar_bleue  (12/15)
Secondary Ranged Magazine Counter (Dual Wield/Secondary) Secondary Ranged Magazine Counter (Dual Wield/Secondary):
Not letting go Left_bar_bleue2/3Not letting go Empty_bar_bleue  (2/3)

Darkstorm Zero and Ben Winters like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum