Resident Evil Corporate Battles REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story

+37
Elena Rojas
Amy Donnel
Morton Dewolski
Darkstorm Zero
Marybeth Rhys
Valorie Doyle
Terra Nakano
Camazotz
Evelyn Graves
Raechel Fujiwara
Tsuki 'Sable' Sugimoto
Synthia Evangela
Ming-Fa Song
LOTUS
Kitty Thompson
Faith Edwards
Specimen Y-3C
Kiko Vellers
Nightshade90
Riley Sullivan
Rita Janson
Lex
Choy
Fumika Fujibayashi
Saoirse O'Neil
Jack Cavanaugh
Sapphire
Chupacabra
Sarah Burton
Damian Handy
Jade Ling
BastionCon
LagunaJagras
Ben Winters
Samantha Kamura
Carrie Taylor
Cathy McDonell
41 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty Survival: An Interactive Peril Story

Post by BastionCon Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:14 am

Welcome to the first CYOA of RECB! A big thanks to Damian for making this part of the forum so I could post this story. Very Happy This will be taking place in Raccoon City just on the verge of the outbreak and will feature something of a fusion between the plots of Resident Evil and Dead Rising. So the plot might seem familiar at first, but it will definitely diverge as the story progresses. Also my memory of Raccoon itself is a bit fuzzy, but I am using one of the maps from the forum for reference. So bear with me if the city layout seems odd at times xD. Another caveat here is if you have a character on the forum you'd like to appear, just let me know in a post or in a private message! Now then, onto the story....

11:30pm, Monday, September 21, 1998

"Goddamn Umbrella. You're evil as hell but damned if you don't provide a good paycheck." Trent took a final drag of his joint before tossing the roach into a miniature, checkered trash can. The plastic bin sat full of discarded chip bags, soda cans, and certain recreational paraphernalia. In his two bedroom apartment off Spear St, Trent Reddick typed away furiously at his computer. He was a messy looking sort at the moment with short yet tussled black hair and crow's feet beneath hazel eyes. He stopped for a minute to blink away the dryness of his eyeballs, taking the time to stretch and allow his mind to wander. At the moment, he wore nothing more than a simple white muscle shirt and plaid boxer shorts illuminated by the glow of his crt monitor. His athletic frame ached from how long he had spent hunched over at his computer, but the work still wasn't done.

Once done stretching, Trent stared blankly at his monitor and the flashing command prompt. He was busy writing a program to steal information from the Umbrella Corporation's servers while simultaneously siphoning funds from various divisions of theirs. His career, if it could be called that, was far from legal but provided him with enough money to live comfortably as long as he was careful. He utilized his computer skills to 'liberate' money from large corporations and donate some to charities while pocketing a chunk of change for himself as well. Umbrella was his current target and he had been working them over for the better part of a year.

Normally he never spent more than a few months on a singular target, but the rabbit hole with Umbrella was downright core of the earth type depth. Aside from the money, he'd discovered they had been potentially responsible for various incidents around the Raccoon City area yet never legally indicted. They paid their lawyers well and they in turn defended them to the legal death. But things had changed in the past few months. Ever since something had happened in July, the message boards and chatroom were full of conspiracy theories and doomsayers. Most were useless dribble he could filter out at a glance, but a few possessed the kernels of truth. Like one incident where a hiker's corpse was found completely ravaged. It was said the damage inflicted resembled no known animal yet the media chalked it up to bear attacks. Which anyone with a functioning brain knew was complete bullshit. Ever since Umbrella had ramped up their R&D a few years back, most wildlife completely avoided the first mile or so of terrain near the city.

Trent was a Raccoon City native for the past 3 years, but he had simply heard about Umbrella in passing until targeting them a little over a year ago. They were always stories of boogeymen or figures in the forest, but that was to be expected for such an isolated town and expansive forest. If only he had listened sooner. Now it seemed as if there were a new attack in the woods or on the outskirts of the city every single day. The signs had been right there yet he had been as ignorant at the rest. Something was happening right now and he had to figure out what it was.

Luckily, Trent's paranoia fueled his spending habits and lifestyle. He kept his apartment stocked with enough canned food and bottled water to last two months, possibly even up to four if he rationed to the extreme. He had a few firearms that were unregistered in the closet of his bedroom, though he had to admit he wasn't as adept with them as he should be. Paps always did try to take me hunting when I was young, but I always told him it wasn't for me. One was a basic mossberg 500 shotgun and his firearm of choice. The second was a Winchester Model 70 chambered in .308. He was accurate enough to reliably hit a target from about 20 feet, but anything further presented a major challenge. Finally, a basic Colt 1911 was his selection for a sidearm. Besides being iconic, it was reliable and had served for decades in services around the world. That was good enough for Trent.

Other weapons included an aluminum baseball bat for basic self defense, a keepsake trench knife from his grandpa that dated back to World War 1, a climbing axe for the hikes he used to enjoy going on, and a pair of brass knuckles he'd won in a game of cards downtown. That was a hairy situation and not one he wanted to repeat, but it was definitely a night to remember. He worked out on a daily basis with variety of cardio and strength training with a particular focus on parkour. Raccoon City's urban layout and the surrounding wilderness were the perfect stalking grounds for this hobby, allowing Trent to become quite proud of the skills he had honed.

Too bad it all seems so insignificant in the grand scheme of things...

He couldn't help but ruminate over a post he had seen Saturday night. Username Keye_To_Heaven on a random GeoCities forum posted the photos from a crime scene literally only two blocks from his apartment. The body had been torn open and its internal organs completely ripped out yet nowhere to be seen. The sight was so disturbing Trent had trouble sleeping that night. He hadn't heard anything in the news nor noticed anything around him two weeks ago when the crime supposedly went down. That lulled him out of his existential stupor and truly made him notice how odd Raccoon City had become. Most everyone went out about their daily life, but if one watched close enough they could notice unmarked black vehicles driving around town. Figures moving in almost inhuman patterns shuffled through alleys. Almost all of the homeless in the city had vanished. Things the average citizen simply blocked out by pure force of habit.

"Alright, I gotta step away for a second before I go crazy. Damn conspiracy theorists are getting under my skin." Trent pushed away from his desk and wandered to the pleather couch a few feet away. Still running on fumes yet too wired to sleep, he collapsed in a heap and put his feet up on the basic coffee table covered in newspaper articles and magazines. He decided to thumb through an issue of Raccoon City Weekly, taking note yet again of the voluptuous figure on the cover. Rebecca Chang winked at the reader while nibbling her lower lip, brushing her long black hair aside with her right hand while her left not-so-subtly gestured to her ample cleavage. Trent had to admit he'd had a bit of a crush on Rebecca for a while now, but it was only that, a crush that would go nowhere. It's nice to dream though...

With the image of Rebecca Chang in his mind, the loner decided he would just close his eyes for a minute or two....

10:00am Tuesday, September 22, 1998

Sunlight filtered through closed blinds finally woke Trent with a start. "Hmmph guh!" He threw the magazine in his hands across the room and processed what he was seeing. The sun was bright behind the dark brown blinds and he could clearly see in the living room without a light. He blinked and stared at the clock above his tv. 10am. What the fuck?! He nearly shit a proverbial brick as he had slept nearly twelve hours and lost so much prep time. He was to supposed to meet a buddy at Raccoon Cinema on Ema Street, but that was obviously out of the question. "Shit...sorry Patrick." He'd have to message him on AIM later. But until then, he just needed to get something to eat. He was out of normal groceries and really didn't want to dip into his canned foods. Emmy's Diner was open and a favorite haunt so that was the destination.

It was already cold this time of year in the mountains so Trent elected to wear a black hoodie and olive cargo pants with black sneakers. A nondescript outfit for a nondescript person. He knew his fashion sense was bland compared to the grunge style that had been popularized recently, but that was how he preferred it. It didn't exactly impress the ladies, but it helped him to avoid arousing suspicion. He left his five o'clock shadow for the time being, maintaining a scruffy look for the day. Along with his car keys and wallet, Trent locked the apartment behind him and headed downstairs. His apartment was accessible by a tall stairway in the back of a convivence store downtown called West Stop. The owner was a kindly old man named Keith Silver who was an family friend. He had grown up alongside Trent's father and was practically his uncle in all but blood. Keith wasn't in today, leaving the shop closed and Trent to exit through the front entrance.

Life went on as usual, cars zooming on downtown or people walking by without acknowledging his existence. It seemed like this might be another day down the rabbit hole until he heard something out of the ordinary. "Oh blast it all! This rental had perfect ratings...." A british accent caught his immediate attention. Trent whistled as he noticed the Mercedes Benz that was parked on the curb. That's an expensive ride. He took note of the vehicle before spotting a plump derrière sticking out from under the hood. A curvaceous figure leaned out to reveal a brunette, braided ponytail and intense brown eyes. A turquoise tank top seemed ready to burst on her torso. She wore small orange tinted sunglasses and a small brown pack. Brown booty shorts were held up by a black belt with a gold buckle and black hiking boots completed her ensemble. (Here she is if she sounds familiar, just minus the guns at the moment Razz
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/6b889eb9-85d1-4954-af79-11bad3b62aec/ddf7tzt-f4ad7a0e-29c6-457f-9258-c78845a6365d.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzZiODg5ZWI5LTg1ZDEtNDk1NC1hZjc5LTExYmFkM2I2MmFlY1wvZGRmN3R6dC1mNGFkN2EwZS0yOWM2LTQ1N2YtOTI1OC1jNzg4NDVhNjM2NWQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.9KfJ1FordWeLy-I1UGJThOKHbuw1HazXvQpsVQlOsjk

Trent's jaw nearly dropped at the sight of her breasts bobbing as she arched her back to wipe away beads of sweat. "I swear it's always something!" She shouted in frustration before lightly kicking the front passenger wheel. The British woman seemed to be upset and might be reciprocal to conversation if Trent were so inclined. Yet at that moment pure coincidence seemed to have struck. Strutting toward him was Rebecca Chang in the flesh. He admired her body as he had seen it plenty of times in the magazine before. What was she doing in this part of town? The local tv station was clear on the other side of town near Fox Street. But the look on her face spoke of concern as she stopped to glance around like she was searching for something.
(Rebecca Chang in case you don't know what she looks like:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/deadrising/images/3/34/Dead_rising_2_rebecca_chang_by_armachamcorp.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/700?cb=20140409155934

While he normally kept to himself, Trent couldn't help but consider talking to one of the two beauties....

(Below is the status that will appear in every update before the choice)

Trent Reddick (This is where the current active character will be listed)
Health: 100%

Inventory: Car keys, Wallet ($200 cash)

Entourage: Nobody

A) Ask the British woman if she needs help, Trent knows a little about cars and might be able to assist her

B) Ask Rebecca Chang if she's looking for someone or something, Trent knows the area very well so he might be able to help her

C) Try to engage them in conversation at the same time, it might seem weird to them but they do both seem to need help... (70%)

D) Pass them by, their issues really aren't his concern...

So there are the choices! For C you'll notice a percentage next to it. That represents the chance for success. I take a random number generator and let it spit out a number. If it hits the state number or lower, that's a success. Anything more is a failure. These will have different consequences so take that into consideration. For example, here talking to them both successfully will engage them in conversation and introduce Trent favorably. Failing might result in them just brushing him off or even result in a negative first impression....

EDIT: Also when you vote, please post a reply like Damian did and I'll tally them up for the next update!

Last edited by BastionCon on Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

BastionCon
Level 3 'Senior Staff'
Level 3 'Senior Staff'

Samantha Kamura, Damian Handy, Jade Ling, Cathy McDonell and Carrie Taylor like this post

Back to top Go down

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty Re: Survival: An Interactive Peril Story

Post by Damian Handy Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:43 am

B- I'm all for wish fulfillment! Very Happy
Damian Handy
Damian Handy
Level 4 'Administration Staff'

Character Profile
Character Type: Survivor
Condition: 'Fine' 'Fine'
Current Condition HP (5/5) :
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue5/5Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
Environment O2/Grip Strength (Depletes every turn):
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue20/20Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Inventory Inventory:
InventoryType & Total Number or %Type & Total Number or %
Ammunition (Bullets, Shells, etc)Ammunition (Bullets, Shells, etc)
Special Ammunition (Flare, Rockets, Grenades)Special Ammunition (Flare, Rockets, Grenades)
Healing Items (Herbs, Medicine, F.A. Spray)Healing Items (Herbs, Medicine, F.A. Spray)
Important Items (Lockpicks, Keys, Key Items, etc)Important Items (Lockpicks, Keys, Key Items, etc)
Victims (B.O.W.)Victims (B.O.W.)

Current Ranged Magazine Counter (Self Edit) Current Ranged Magazine Counter (Self Edit):
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue30/30Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Secondary Ranged Magazine Counter (Dual Wield/Secondary) Secondary Ranged Magazine Counter (Dual Wield/Secondary):
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue15/15Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)

Back to top Go down

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty Re: Survival: An Interactive Peril Story

Post by Jade Ling Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:43 am

C Razz
Jade Ling
Jade Ling
Level 2 'General Staff'
Level 2 'General Staff'

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathy McDonell Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:02 pm

B
Cathy McDonell
Cathy McDonell

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie Taylor Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:47 pm

C Smile
Carrie Taylor
Carrie Taylor
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Kamura Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:00 pm

A Very Happy put those skills to the test!
Samantha Kamura
Samantha Kamura

Character Profile
Condition: 'Caution' (Yellow) 'Caution' (Yellow)
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue5/5Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue20/20Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Inventory Inventory:
Special Ammunition (Flare, Rockets, Grenades)Special Ammunition (Flare, Rockets, Grenades)
Healing Items (Herbs, Medicine, F.A. Spray)Healing Items (Herbs, Medicine, F.A. Spray)
Important Items (Lockpicks, Keys, Key Items, etc)Important Items (Lockpicks, Keys, Key Items, etc)

Current Ranged Magazine Counter (Self Edit) Current Ranged Magazine Counter (Self Edit):
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue13/13Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)
Secondary Ranged Magazine Counter (Dual Wield/Secondary) Secondary Ranged Magazine Counter (Dual Wield/Secondary):
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue5/6Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Winters Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:01 pm

C Survival: An Interactive Peril Story 1f60a
Ben Winters
Ben Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by LagunaJagras Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:06 pm

C - and I like to volunteer a mutated iguana to be a future problem ;D
LagunaJagras
LagunaJagras
Level 1 'Guest'
Level 1 'Guest'

Back to top Go down

Post by BastionCon Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:44 pm

LagunaJagras wrote:C - and I like to volunteer a mutated iguana to be a future problem ;D

Ey I can definitely make that happen when the time is right! Very Happy

BastionCon
Level 3 'Senior Staff'
Level 3 'Senior Staff'

LagunaJagras likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LagunaJagras Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:11 pm

BastionCon wrote:
LagunaJagras wrote:C - and I like to volunteer a mutated iguana to be a future problem ;D

Ey I can definitely make that happen when the time is right! Very Happy

Excellent Very Happy
LagunaJagras
LagunaJagras
Level 1 'Guest'
Level 1 'Guest'

Back to top Go down

Post by BastionCon Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:58 pm

I guess I could try chatting them both up. Funny this is almost as nerve racking as everything else going on around Raccoon. Seeing as Rebecca was more likely to wander off, Trent approached her first. He did his best to appear nonchalant and unassuming rather than the creeper he felt like. "Hi um, do you need help finding something? I was on my way by and I know the area pretty well." He said with a genuine smile, not something he was quite used to.

"Actually your timing is perfect. Do you know anyone that lives in the area named Brett Pryce?" Rebecca pointed to the notepad in her hand with a manicured finger and cursed at the inaccurate directions under her breath. "Whoa, Brett Pryce? Yeah, I'm familiar with him, but that's a person you might not want to be associated with. I'm not trying to play say you can't handle yourself, but he's bad news." Trent's eyebrow immediately shot up at the mention of Brett Pryce along with a warning to steer clear of him. She's probably working on a story, but Brett's a very dangerous person.

"I'm well aware of his reputation, but I need to get an quote from him on a story." She didn't seem dissuaded in the slightest, in fact it seemed her curiosity had been piqued even further. "Story? Actually, I thought you looked familiar. You're Rebecca Chang, aren't you? With Raccoon Action 6? I love your segments on there; I think there's something happening around here lately too if we're being honest." Trent used the mention to play to her vanity and reveal his thoughts aligned with hers. "Hey a fan! Well aren't you well informed. Of course we know who to thank for that. So what's your take on the strange happenings around Raccoon and the woods?" Rebecca asked intently, wanting to hear another take on her reports.

"Well, it's weird. There are all these attacks and disappearances, but most everyone seems to be ignoring them? The hell is up with that? Yours is about the only program on local air that seems to give a damn. So hear me out. I'm not throwing out the Umbrella boogeyman like every other uninformed everyman. I've seen and read things that really bring up a lot of questions. Like the corpses found in the woods and even some in the city? Torn to shreds. Hell, apparently there was an attack where somebody had their internal organs completely stripped clean just a few blocks from my apartment in this part of town. That one was the Jenson Case." Trent knew at once he had screwed up. The name of the case was classified information and not known to the public.

"Jenson case? That's a classified police report. How do you know about that?" Rebecca raised an eyebrow and stared intently at the scruffy nerd in front of her, giving him more attention than she previously had. Her wide hips were cocked as she crossed her hands and awaited an explanation. "Well, just you seem to Ms. Chang, I have my sources. Sorry, I spoke out of turn there." Trent tried to apologize and back off the subject, but the persistent reporter was already sinking her claws in.

"Now that's just not fair. You can't just extend an offer of foreplay and immediately retract it. You know my name, what about yours?" Rebecca Chang stepped much closer to Trent than he had expected, close enough that her chest was only centimeters from touching him. Her cleavage was well within his view too. Even his antisocial habit to avoid staring at people altogether couldn't tear his gaze away. He could even see the cut of her lace, black bra. "Uh..Trent. Reddick." He stammered without even moving his eyes.

"Nice to meet you, Trent. So about that Jenson case?" She purred, tracing a line down his left arm with her right pointer finger. "Ooh those are some nice muscles. I wouldn't have guessed that from the way you dress." She ratcheted up the flirting to the next level, leaving Trent barely capable of normal thoughts. But his paranoia and the creeping sensation of the greater happenings around Raccoon won out. "Like I said, I have my sources. Now if you want to know more, maybe we can talk about it over a drink and work something out." Trent redirected by blatantly asking the seemingly promiscuous reporter out.

"Well well, look at you being so smooth. Y'know, I don't normally just accept random offers for drinks from strangers, but you're a fan and actually seem to be informed. I'll take you up on that offer. But first, what about Bret-" Rebecca finally returned to the purpose of her visit to the area as the British woman scream aloud in frustration.

"Goddamned car! I give up! Even in the US the damned cars are unreliable." She grunted in pure irritation, finally crossing her arms to signal she had thrown in the towel. "Excuse me! Do either of you live nearby? I really need a phone to call someone." The woman called out to Trent and Rebecca, having missed the entirety of their flirtatious conversation to that point.

"Well I don't, but you're in luck. Trent here lives in the area." Rebecca introduced Trent out of the blue, garnering a sideway glance from him. "Yeah, I live in the building directly behind us. I live upstairs, but there's a phone downstairs you can use." He thumbed back to the West Stop with a smile. "Oh that's great! Thank you thank you thank you! Oh, pardon my manners. I'm Lara Croft. A pleasure to meet the two of you." The british woman finally introduced herself and extended a gloved hand toward Trent.

"Trent Reddick. Nice to meet you, Lara." He shook her hand softly and couldn't help but notice how soft her skin was. "And I'm Rebecca Chang. So you live right here then, Trent? Would you mind if I used your phone as well?" Rebecca purred, obviously attempting to gather more information on him. "Yeah, sure thing. Let me unlock the doors." He didn't know what Rebecca was up to, but at least Lara was in a genuine predicament.

"The phone's back here." He guided them to the counter a few feet ahead and pulled up a corded landline from beneath it, pushing the phone toward the two of them. "Oh perfect! You're a lifesaver, Trent!" Lara squealed in relief and was about to dial a number as he interjected, "Y'know if you want me to save you a tow, I can try to look at your car. I know a little from working with a family friend. It might save you some money."

"Really? That would be marvelous. I'm supposed to meet my cousin in an hour and I can't afford any further delays." She hung up the phone and waited for him to follow her back to her car. "So who do you need to call, Rebecca?" He asked of the woman who was eyeing every inch of the store. "Ya know, turns out I'm actually good." She said over her shoulder while flashing him a sly smile. He guided them both back out of the store and locked the door behind him, following Lara back to her car and admiring the view her shorts offered. She was aptly gifted in all areas physical, her ass jiggling in plain view while walking.

Once they were in front of the car, Lara gestured to the raised hood. "I gotta say, this car is nice as hell. I haven't seen a Benz up close in a while. Is this an E320?" Trent was surprised he could still recognize the engine, but the knowledge was still there. "Yes, I believe they said it was a 1996." She gave the year for reference, prompting him to check for a crack in a specific piece of equipment near the center of the engine. "Yep, I thought that's what it was. There's a small sensor in the crankshaft that if its cracked can indicate engine problems. Feels like that's what it is. Luckily I know a jury rig fix that can fix it for a day or two. Once you get to your destination call it in as soon as you can, but it'll definitely last you the hour. I just need something in the store." He left the pair for a few minutes to grab a toolbox Keith kept under the counter for just such occasions.

"A little insulating tape and some adhesive will fool the sensor for the time being." Trent quickly set about applying his home rig fix, only taking about five minutes in all. "There, try to start it now." Lara shot to the driver's seat and attempted to turn the car over, biting into her lip in anticipation. After two turns of the key she nearly gave until Trent called out for one more try. The third time was the charm as the car started and sounded perfectly fine. "Oh my god thank you so much! You're a lifesaver!" Lara ran to the good Samaritan and herself at him in a gracious hug, pressing her large chest against his in the act of gratitude. "Oh uh, no problem heh heh." Trent chuckled and simply scratched the back of his head, keeping his hands to himself despite the urge to reach out.

"Oh yeah, one last thing. Don't push the car too much until you get to the shop or wherever. You probably want to keep it under 40 or else it might die again. Other than that, you should be good." He dispensed the last bit of advice he could think and wished the attractive foreigner the best. "Trent you have no idea how much of a lifesaver you are. Just..thank you so much." Lara thanked him yet again and seemed ready to go before turning back. "Actually, I know of a way to repay you. If you're free tonight, come by the Raccoon Gallery at 6pm. There's a gala taking place tonight and I'll be in attendance with my cousin. Wear something a little more formal and when you get to the door, tell them you have a VIP pass signed off by Lara Cross. They'll then ask your name. Just introduce yourself and you'll be invited inside. Oh and I don't know if you're together, but you can bring a plus one. You're more than welcome to attend as well, Rebecca." Lara beamed at the two and invited them to the gala, even extending an invitation to Rebecca to avoid seeming rude.

The oddly dressed British woman drove away in a hurry to make up for lost time while still remaining below 40 mph. "So you can somehow find out about classified police reports, you know one of the more infamous names in Raccoon, and you fixed a high end car with just some tape and glue? My my, how long have you been hiding out in this town?" Rebecca sounded genuinely impressed by everything Trent had done to that point, not an easy feat by any means.

"I think about 3 years now." Trent joked and looked back to her, having grown comfortable in her presence in so short a time. "So it looks like we'll be having that drink later tonight. But until then, tell me about Brett Pryce." Rebecca whipped out her notepad to finally get to the purpose of her visit. Trent sighed, but he knew he couldn't convince her otherwise. He told her how Brett owned a strip club called Wisper's on Spear Street where they stood six blocks to the west. From there, he funneled out drugs and firearms to some of the gangs in the city and beyond. What he neglected to tell her was how he hacked his personal computer to get this information.

He also informed Rebecca that Brett usually preferred to galivant around town during the day and oversee the club's operations at night. He wouldn't be anywhere nearby in the morning. "Connor you rat bastard! He told me Pryce stayed in the club during the day. I had my doubts but his information has checked out in the past. So I came all this way for nothing. Well, almost nothing. So it's almost 11am now, do you know where he might be on a Tuesday?" She asked hopefully, not wanting to wait the rest of the day for her lead. "Can't say I do, but what would you say to a different story? Have you seen what's in the alleys?" Trent offered a different prospect, one that would also sate his curiosity.

"The alleys? What do you mean?" He definitely had her curiosity again. "Let's continue this conversation inside." Trent invited her into the store again and pulled some chairs up to the counter. Since he knew he wasn't going to make it to the diner, he grabbed a cold sandwich and asked if Rebecca wanted anything. She declined and gave him time to finish the sandwich with a bottle of water. "There's been rumors of strange figures in the alleys around town just shambling around or even moving like they're not human. I haven't gone down any myself, but I swear I've seen the shadows of some of them." Trent told her about what he'd read in the forums and his own personal experiences.

"This is new and worth checking out with all the escalated violence. So you're offering to escort me, is that it?" Rebecca asked lasciviously, having felt she'd hit a gold mine in Trent Reddick. Now the ball was in Trent's court. Something about what he'd read and seen to this point legitimately terrified him, but what kind of person would he be if he tantalized Rebecca then just let her go off by herself?

Trent Reddick (This is where the current active character will be listed)

Inventory: Car keys, Wallet ($200 cash)

Entourage: Rebecca Chang (Appearance: https://bit.ly/2TuSjXX): 100% health, notepad and pencil, Wallet, Taser (100%)

Approval: Rebecca Chang: 40% Friendly Acquaintance
Lara Croft: 35% Friendly Acquaintance

A) Offer to escort Rebecca through some of the alleys with protection, Trent will be a nice guy despite his reservations (+5 approval with Rebecca)

B) Offer to show her some of the alleys but let her know he'll keep a distance, something about the air of Raccoon just tells him entering them is not a good idea (+3 approval with Rebecca)

C) Offer to show her the alleys but decline following her down them, Trent knows when curiosity killed the cat (+1 approval with Rebecca)

D) Ask her if she'll take another piece of evidence as proof of what's going on, he can copy some of his files to give to her instead (40%, +5 approval with Rebecca if successful)

BastionCon
Level 3 'Senior Staff'
Level 3 'Senior Staff'

Samantha Kamura, Damian Handy, Jade Ling, Cathy McDonell and Carrie Taylor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Ling Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:34 am

A Smile
Jade Ling
Jade Ling
Level 2 'General Staff'
Level 2 'General Staff'

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie Taylor Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:51 am

A X)
Carrie Taylor
Carrie Taylor
Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathy McDonell Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:51 am

A Very Happy
Cathy McDonell
Cathy McDonell

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Handy Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:47 am

A! Or I’ll arrest Bret!
Damian Handy
Damian Handy

Character Profile
Inventory Inventory:

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue30/30Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue15/15Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Kamura Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:09 pm

A Very Happy
Samantha Kamura
Samantha Kamura

Character Profile
Condition: 'Caution' (Yellow) 'Caution' (Yellow)
Inventory Inventory:

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue13/13Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue5/6Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Winters Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:31 pm

A Very Happy
Ben Winters
Ben Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by BastionCon Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:58 pm

I wouldn't feel right leaving her to go off on her own... Trent gave an inward sigh of resignation and offered to show Rebecca with his full protection. "What kind of person would I be if I told you about something like this and then sent you off by yourself? Do you have anything for protection?" He was curious if she had any weapons on her person, unsure of where she'd store them considering how tight her outfit was. "Protection? You mean we're not doing this raw? And here I was hoping for a good time. I have a taser for anyone that likes to get too handsy." Rebecca winked at the obvious entendre Trent had unintentionally set up and gave info on what she had.

"Well I'm a firm believer in protection. Give me a minute to show you mine then you can show me yours." Trent quickly caught onto Rebecca's thought process, sending another entendre her way. "Don't keep me waiting." She obliged his request and paced downstairs while he ran upstairs to grab his trench knife and 1911. Trent hid the knife in his hoodie pocket and placed the pistol into a shoulder holster beneath his hoodie for good measure. Never know if these will be necessary, but it'd be better to have them and not need than vice versa.

"There are a few larger alleys a few blocks away. I'll show you to those." Trent stated after returning from his apartment. "I'm a little disappointed you didn't bring me along. So what's your protection?" Rebeca asked before they left, wanting to get a full gauge of his preparedness. "A little extra just in case." He pulled out the handle of his trench knife before tucking it back into his pocket then showing her the hidden shoulder holster beneath his hoodie.

"Wow, think it's going to be a rough time?" Rebecca winked and bit her lip while looking Trent up and down again. His baggy clothes hid the lean body beneath them, but the reporter would find out what he was made of one way or another. "You never know. Now what about your taser?" Trent turned the question back around on Rebecca, wanting to be sure she was actually armed. "Don't you trust me?" She feigned offense while reaching into the cleavage of her shirt and withdrawing a taser that sparked with the press of a button. "Not very practical, but it'll do." Trent gave his frank opinion on her choice of storage, but at least she was telling the truth.

Now armed they exited the convenience store and set off down the sidewalk for two blocks. Trent instructed Rebecca to remain quiet as he didn't want to alert anything in the alleys to their presence. He took her to the alley where he had first seen the shambling figures. A fire escape was attached to the left side of the alley with the ladder raised. A faded blue dumpster sat on the right, packed to the brim with garbage, surrounded by piles of full trash bags and metal trash cans.

The alley reeked of odious trash and even human waste, telltale signs of Raccoon City's homeless population. Trent led the way down the alley, listening for any signs of movement or anything out of the ordinary really. "Wh-" He immediately sound around and cut off Rebecca by covering her mouth, his left hand inches from her lips. He refrained from touching her, but the speed of Trent's reaction and the sheer scorn of his expression served to silence the reporter for once.

The Asian woman actually blinked twice in confirmation, silently promising to heed his instruction more seriously. After being sure Rebecca was silent, Trent lowered his hand and continued guiding her down the alley, moving around the corner to the backside between buildings. In this unseen passage within the city the duo received their first glimpse at what was truly underfoot in Raccoon City.

Two still bodies lay against both sides of the alley, facing upward and completely motionless. Their skin was completely gray and rotting, clothes tattered and hanging off as rags. Still as they were, their bodies twitched ever so slightly every other minute. Rebecca quickly jotted down notes while Trent stood vigilant.

This back alley must stretch a good twenty feet. This is a good spot tho- Trent's inner thoughts were disrupted by a clattering somewhere in the alley. He scanned it quickly and discovered the manhole cover ten feet ahead seemed as if someone were trying to open it from beneath. He looked back at Rebecca who shrugged but curiosity was etched onto her face. Seems like whoever's coming up is having some trouble... Trent truly wondered if he should rush ahead, but that'd mean moving between the two twitching corpses....

Trent Reddick

Inventory: Car keys, Wallet ($200 cash), Trench Knife, M1911 (9/18)

Entourage: Rebecca Chang (Appearance: bit.ly 2TuSjXX): 100% health, notepad and pencil, Wallet, Taser (100%)

Approval: Rebecca Chang: 45% Friendly Acquaintance

First, what will Trent do?

A) Rush between the corpses and pull off the manhole cover, Trent will try to get this over with as quickly as possible

B) Watch from a distance to see what happens, Trent really isn't keen on moving between the twitching bodies

Last edited by BastionCon on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

BastionCon
Level 3 'Senior Staff'
Level 3 'Senior Staff'

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathy McDonell Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:12 pm

B Very Happy I'm a cautious sally in these events till the second playthrough 🤣
Cathy McDonell
Cathy McDonell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Burton Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:14 pm

B as well Smile
Sarah Burton
Sarah Burton
Level 1 'Guest'
Level 1 'Guest'

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Winters Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:58 pm

I'll go with B as well 😁
Ben Winters
Ben Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Chupacabra Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:48 am

B Smile
Chupacabra
Chupacabra
Level 1 'Guest'
Level 1 'Guest'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:00 pm

I wouldn't mind popping up in one of these Smile
also, B Very Happy
Sapphire
Sapphire
Level 1 'Guest'
Level 1 'Guest'

Character Profile
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue120/120Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Inventory Inventory:

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue0/0Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue0/0Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by BastionCon Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:33 am

With much trepidation, Trent remained stationary to better guard Rebecca. She was too absorbed in her natural curiosity and note taking to even care about her own safety. It did explain why her stories were so hard hitting, but she was either very lucky or very oblivious when it came to her surroundings. If the former, Trent knew it was only a matter of time until her luck would run out, but the latter was just a mystery if that were the case. At the very least I've got her back right now.

The manhole cover rattled furiously until it was pushed aside with a slender hand emerging into the alley. “Please he-NOOOOO!!!” Trent heard a high-pitched scream as the feminine voice sounded like it was being dragged away. The screams seemingly breathed life into the slightly twitching bodies as they shambled to their feet, skin and joints cracking on their way up.

The sounds and sights of their bodies caused Trent’s stomach to knot, something about them was no longer human. The way their arms shifted, and bodies swayed as they took in their surroundings was unnatural with each movement alternating between slow and jerking in a random direction.

Eventually their eyes fell to Trent and Rebecca who had said nothing yet continued to sketch away in her notebook. “Alright fellas, we don’t want any trouble. We’re just checking things out here. We’ll be on our way.” He flashed a friendly smile and lowered his arms to disengage, but the two men simply groaned and shuffled forward, intentions completely unreadable.

“Rebecca, it’s about time we got out of here.” Trent elected to cut their tour short in the interest of self-preservation, grabbing his companion’s wrist and pulling her along. “Wait I’m not done! We can still ask them questions.” Rebecca predictably objected, but he wasn’t listening to anything of the sort right now. “Those guys were drugged out of their minds; they could have attacked us if I’d let them get too close. I’m sorry you didn’t get everything, but I did promise to keep you safe and I’m sticking to my word.” He flashed her a sly wink as they emerged near the street, leaving the darkened alley behind for now.

“What happened at that manhole? It sounded like someone was in trouble.” Rebecca couldn’t shake her curiosity on the subject so Trent would have to give her something even tantalizing.

Or rather that’s what he was initially going to do. Unknown to Rebecca, Trent spotted a gorgeous woman over her shoulder that was heading into the alley they had just exited. She paid them no mind while strutting her voluminous hips. She wore her dark purple hair in an exotic bun while letting two strands hang next to her head. Her white dress shirt with purple lines was almost completely unbuttoned, revealing the large set of breasts Trent had ever seen. Her purple bra was on full display although her chest still bounced quite bulbously with each step. Her dark purple skirt was also silted at the front so high you could see the very bottom of her panties and stockings. Black heels completed her ensemble.

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story 1170a53e7b8343c95e7fb428dbb41313

She wore a determined frown on her pretty face and might not be aware of what awaited her in the alley. Following closely behind her was an equally beautiful woman in an office suit. Her gray jacked was open to reveal a plunging neckline that showed off her gratuitous cleavage. Emerald earrings hung from her ears and brushed against her long, raven black hair. She wore a tight knee length skirt that hung over nylons. The skirt stretched at her wide hips with each step of her long legs, heels clacking against the sidewalk. Her bosom was smaller than the first woman, but she had the larger ass that caught Trent's attention. What's with all the beautiful women appearing out of nowhere?!

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story 11

Trent Reddick

Inventory: Car keys, Wallet ($200 cash), Trench Knife, M1911 (9/18)

Entourage: Rebecca Chang (Appearance: bit.ly2TuSjXX ): 100% health, notepad and pencil, Wallet, Taser (100%)

Approval: Rebecca Chang: 45% Friendly Acquaintance

What will Trent do?

A) Offer to take Rebeca to Lara Croft’s gala as his plus one, she was there when he got the invite after all (+15% approval with Rebecca, -5% approval with Lara when they arrive at the gala later)
B) Take Rebecca to another alley, Trent can give her another opportunity to gather more material for her story (+5% approval with Rebecca)
C) Ask if Rebecca would like to head back to his apartment, he can offer her copies of some of his files to placate her and get them back to a safe area (60% chance of success, +10% approval if roll succeeds)
D) Redirect them back to the alley to follow the women, Trent will watch to make sure they are okay and see what they're even up to in the first place (-10% approval with Rebecca due to Trent backtracking after rushing away)

BastionCon
Level 3 'Senior Staff'
Level 3 'Senior Staff'

Jack Cavanaugh, Saoirse O'Neil and Fumika Fujibayashi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Cavanaugh Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:43 am

What's with all the beautiful women appearing out of nowhere?!

Jack: "I've been asking that myself since I was a kid! Its gotta be the water!"

As for what to do... I probably would have to go with C. D has me curious, but why take the hit from Rebecca's approval rating xD
Jack Cavanaugh
Jack Cavanaugh
Level 6 'VIP All Access (Master Key)'
Level 6 'VIP All Access (Master Key)'

Character Profile
Inventory Inventory:
Ammunition (Bullets, Shells, etc)Ammunition (Bullets, Shells, etc)x137/.223 Rem, 122/9x19mm, 19x .44 Magnum, x10/.45 ACP
Special Ammunition (Flare, Rockets, Grenades)Special Ammunition (Flare, Rockets, Grenades)1x Smoke Grenade, 1x Acid Round
Healing Items (Herbs, Medicine, F.A. Spray)Healing Items (Herbs, Medicine, F.A. Spray)Ibuprofin, Adderall 54mg prescription capsules, pack of Cigs, chewing gum, water canteen (75%)
Important Items (Lockpicks, Keys, Key Items, etc)Important Items (Lockpicks, Keys, Key Items, etc)4x 20 rnd AR Mags, 2x 10 round 9mm mags, 4x 15 round 9mm mags, Lighter, Multitool, Reloading Tool

Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue11/15Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (11/15)
Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Left_bar_bleue15/20Survival: An Interactive Peril Story Empty_bar_bleue  (15/20)

BastionCon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next